Thursday, December 2, 2010

A Pillow Story

Hey all!

I'm nearing the end of my Christmas pillow project and thought it would be appropriate to tell the "whole" story, a little window into what it's like to be a mother of 3 littles and crafter. So, I've wanted to make these pillows for about 6 years now, and am finally getting a breather between our 4 moves and 3 babies to complete it. Here are some snapshots of my pillows which will be packed away in a month or so with all of the decorations:


A quilted little number, because I'm in love with those little wagoneers:


I am obsessed with animal prints, and had to make one of these:


And my all time favorite, recognize this fabric from somewhere?


So, do you want to know the ENTIRE story of these pillows?  Remember now, you've only seen the finished product...



How about a shot of my perfectly organized kitchen craft room?


Do you want to see my ergonomically designed, state-of-the-art workspace?


Gourmet, homecooked breakfast and lunch provided by Kellog's and Micky D's, dishes piling up in the sink:


And you might be wondering what the kids are doing during all of this, right? They are sitting down, quietly reading books in a bean bag, getting along perfectly, and complimenting eachother on their good manners and behavior...see for yourself by watching this VIDEO:


Really, most of this sewing is done during naptime and in the p.m. hours while Brandon is out of town, or while he's watching football games.  I've been staying up way too LATE, and waking up ridiculously EARLY with the kids, so at some point I will be falling into a deep coma at 7pm when the kids go to bed. 

Also, the Christmas decorations going up so quickly would have never happened if it weren't for Brandon dragging the tree and boxes in from the garage, my mom for watching the girls after Thanksgiving to help me rest and refuel, and my exterminator for catching the nasty rat who took up residence in my garage for about 36 hours only after chewing through dirty laundry, garbage bags, and dirty diapers. 

OK, so there it is.  The next "behind the scenes" will be left up to your imagination. 

THE END

Now I've got to go clean up the kitchen because Brandon's flight lands at 6pm and I promised him a delicious dinner would be waiting for him when he arrives.  By the way, I've added some of my favorite recipes to the recipe's tab next time you need some culinary inspiration.

Remember to subscribe via feedburner for email delivery, I'll be shutting off the original email functionality at the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some comment love