Tuesday, November 30, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like...

CHRISTMAS!!!

The little North elves have been busy decorating for Christmas since the day after Thanksgiving.  While everyone else is out shopping on black Friday, my ever-so-supportive husband is busy bringing the tree in and crawling up in the garage loft scouring for Christmas boxes.  This year the decorating has been extra cheerful thanks to a constant stream of festive music via Pandora.  Oh how I love thee, Pandora Brandon.

I've never been one for "themes" when it comes to Christmas.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good "theme." I've even done them years past, white/ivory, blue/plum, blue/green...but then I got bored and found I didn't want to be limited to a color/metallic scheme when it comes to Christmas.  Silver, gold, plum, red, chartreuse, ivory, white, fuchsia, robins egg, clementine, you are ALL welcome in my home :-)

One thing that is not welcome are strands of lights that don't work...especially when they are on the "pre-lit" tree...

I've replaced the fuses in that strand and it still wont light. Any ideas? Should I just buy a new strand?

Moving on, the stockings were hung by the chimney with care...


Want to know a little secret? If you don't have stocking hangers and want a quick cheap solution:


This is for you:
1. Put a small nail at an upward angle into your fireplace, and hang your stocking loop on it:


2. Fold about 18" of wired ribbon in the shape of a bow:


3. Tuck your folded ribbon UNDER the stocking loop and in between the nail:


4. Et Voila!


Saint Nick also paid a visit to my kitchen cabinets:
From 201012

I can't tell you how HARD it has been to stick to my to-do list. I've found myself daydreaming about numerous projects that aren't on the list. But I am loving how it is keeping me on track...so next on the list is Christmas Decor pillows. I've got to run, here's a little preview of what's to come:


Oh by the way, we got our family pics back finally. They are featured on our photographer's blog: RachaelNicolePhotography.com/blog Not sure which one will be our Xmas card photo yet, any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some comment love