Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Multi-generation Art Gallery and Update on Mom

The kids bring home a zillion art projects each week and they have gotten funnier as they've gotten older.









Khera brought this Valentine's card home for us in February, after reading "Guess How Much I Love You" in class:



At first, I didn't know what to think about this, I thought--she must REALLY like watching TV!!!

Then it dawned on me and I took a stroll down memory lane, thanks to my Mom who saved every.piece.of.art.I.ever.made... Here is a "ME" book I made when I was Khera's age.

As you can see not much has changed, I'm still sporting the chubby thighs and big gut to this day...


You will notice Khera comes from a long line of couch potatoes,
I'm not sure if I should be embarrased or not, but here goes:









What mother's favorite pastime isn't washing dishes???

Khera has been practicing writing too.




Elle has been going through a butterfly phase:




Grandma has started an art wall at the nursing home with a lot of these treasures.


She's really been enjoying receiving all the well wishes and cards.


Dad has been visiting her everyday.


She's living up to her old nickname "Chatty Kathy".

We're finding out today from her orthapaedist how much longer she will be off her feet...

Why is it in hospitals and nursing homes they have a little dinky table for you to keep ALL of your personal items and food trays on?  Seeing Mom try to juggle her cell phone, reading glasses, books, iPad, toiletries, magazines, etc. I decided to make something for her bedrail where everything she needs is right at her fingertips and NOT on her table.


If you or someone you loved was in the hospital, would you buy one of these? How much would you pay for it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some comment love