Saturday, October 30, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom!

This year is a big birthday for my mom. I'm going to let you in on a little secret of hers--before she got married, she was a successful model. I swiped one of her old portfolios years ago and decided to dig it out for this joyous occasion.

She used to be a big party-girl. Here she is at a bar in Mt. Adams:


She was quite the intellectual, she could type 88 words per minute, and graduated at the top of her IS class at University of Cincinnati:


It's funny how trends come back, this looks like it could be in a magazine today, the hair, the jacket, etc:


A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.
~Washington Irving


"My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it."
~Mark Twain


"What the heart gives away is never gone ... It is kept in the hearts of others."
~Robin St. John


Thank you for always holding me when my heart aches, for giving me perspective when I need it, loving me unconditionally, and spoiling my babies rotten. Happy Birthday Mom, I'm so blessed and thankful to have you in my life.
I love you, Sonya

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Tyra Banks is probably glad she was before her time! :)

Post a Comment

Leave some comment love