Monday, October 25, 2010

Fall Decor and Pumpkin Muffins

I LOVE FALL. I love the leaves turning, fall festivals, apple cider, pumpkin spice lattes, campfires, jacket weather, sweaters and of course Halloween and Thanksgiving. Most of the above are possible if you live in Florida, except the leaves turning and blankets of golden leaves on your lawn. Oh how I miss that.

This photo was taken 3 years ago in Ohio, Khera was almost 2 and Elle 6 months. Sometimes I wish I could freeze time and they would stay like this forever.

These were taken at GJ's when we were in town for Thanksgiving. I just love her patio, the aged brick and iron work remind me of Charleston, SC. We have so many happy memories out on that patio, crisp cool fall mornings sipping coffee, late fall nights with a campfires provided by Uncle Kit, late night partying in the summers sipping spiked Arnold Palmer's with Aunt Brooke, hot-dog fest, wine and cheese parties, appetizer-fest...breaking up underage parties hosted by Uncle Rob.

What's your favorite patio memory? Leave a comment at the end of the post!!
I love decorating for fall, it helps me imagine that outside our windows actually looks and feels like an Ohio fall too. I changed up the accents to reflect the season. Here's Tommy in time-out, it's like he's saying "what did I do, Mom?":

Behind him you can see some of the fall accessories.

I saw in a magazine where they put mini Indian corn in a vase and loved it, this might be making an appearance on my Thanksgiving table, maybe 3 of these down the center of the table with scattered mini pumpkins and gourds, and ball jars with tea lights in them.
Here's the mantel:

A hurricane filled with mini gourds:

OK, and lastly here's my favorite recipe for pumpkin bread, I like to make muffins because they're easier to grab and go. This recipe makes a lot of muffins, usually 24 plus 2 mini loaves, so make sure you freeze some to pop out the next time you have company.


Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
3 c sugar
1 c vegetable oil
4 eggs
1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
3 1/2 c all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground allspice
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cloves
2/3 cup water
1 c chocolate chips/chunks

Beat first 11 ingredients until blended. Add 2/3 cup water, beating until blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into:
-2 greased and floured 9x5 loaf pans; Bake 350 for 75 minutes, check with toothpick
-24 muffins, I use paper liners; Bake 350 for 20-25 minutes, check with toothpick

Make sure you eat them while they're warm! I leave what I think we'll eat in a sealed container for the next day and freeze the rest, they stay moist and fresh that way. They taste great with coffee, tea or milk. A great treat to look forward to while watching your favorite TV show.
Happy Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some comment love