Friday, January 14, 2011

Resolutions and "Baah-ball!"

In years past, I've heard people make some lofty resolutions:
-Go totally green
-Lose 10 lbs
-Give up Carbs
-Go to the gym 3-5x per week

I think I've tried (and failed) most of the above:
-I've switched to cloth diapers for almost a year and then threw in the towel, Kudos to all moms who do or have done this (especially Mom and GJ!!)
-Go to the gym, I haven't been to a gym for 5 years!  I want one of those gyms where they watch your kids while you work out, I'd be there EVERY DAY, listening to my walkman ipod in the locker room.
-I just love potatoes and bread too much to ever give them up for more than 40 days.

This year, I'm setting much more attainable resolutions...
-Doing a better job wiping my kids' faces after meals

-Get the kids to school on time (which really means me rolling out of bed earlier and eliminating morning distractions like reading email, the paper, and blogs)


-Start "incentive programs" for Brandon the kids


-LIVE IN THE MOMENT


All too often I find myself dreaming of what it's going to be like when the kids are in high school, college, when they get married, what B and I will do for retirement--but all of that doesn't matter. 

Things can change in.an.instant. 

All of that time wasted "dreaming" could be spent DOING something fun NOW.  Instead of focusing all my energies on crossing things off of my lists, I'm going to make more block towers, race more cars, have more tea parties, make more messes and live for today.  My lists may take longer to complete, but we'll have a lot more fun along the way!

What are some of your resolutions?

Brandon's already got a jump start on his resolution.  He spent last Saturday raking leaves for almost 5 hours, halfway through he stopped and took a break to shoot hoops with T. 
Here are some of my favorite shots.

Can you hear him saying "HOOP!"?



















Look Mom, eating dirt is FUN!


Leave a comment and let us know what your resolutions are, we'd love to hear from you.
Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this post for many reasons.... 1. your resolutions are totally my style - meaning they are attainable goals. 2. i think i'm getting a gym membership for that exact reason. 3. those pictures of tommy and the b-ball are beautiful! what a little stud muffin! AND his face was even wiped off so you must be doing great on your resolutions.

Post a Comment

Leave some comment love