Monday, January 24, 2011

Patio Progress and Home Office Cornice Fabric

Hey there! Sorry we've been gone so long, we all got a terrible chest cold that kept us up most nights last week, but thankfully we're on the mend and have gotten back to business!

We've started work on the patio.


My parents let me borrow their pressure washer this weekend and we were able to get the deck, playhouse and pavers cleaned up. It's amazing what you can do with a pressure washer that:
(a) works
(b) is very powerful and
(c) you don't have 3 children hanging on your legs

It's going to rain tomorrow, so barring any kid-tastrophes, I should get some sewing done.  The fabric I'm using for the cushions has been lining my closets since last summer, so I'll be thankful to put it to use and get some storage back.  Here's the list for the patio:

Patio Spruce-up
-Recover rocker seat
-Sew new cushion covers
-Spray paint existing wicker seat
-Rug
-Planters
-Add seating
-Pressure wash deck
-Stain deck

With a little luck (and a lot of dreading in the meantime) I'm going to start sewing the loveseat cushion covers and maybe some pillows too.  I think the thing I'm most dreading is making the piping. 

Brandon's we're shooting for this weekend to stain and seal the deck, it will probably take 2-3 coats. 

So while I'm sewing for the patio, I'm planning Brandon's home office/man cave...and I need your help.  We're going for a red/brown/gray (think Ohio State Buckeyes) theme--I'm just thankful their scheme is not offensive like the Cincinnati Bengals!

For the window and french doors I have long white drapery panels with tab-tops (I hate tab-tops, but they're free so I'm embracing them). I want to make cornices to hide the tabs.  Just plain, box-like ones, much like the photos below:
Wakefield Residence modern family room

Bedroom modern bedroom

But with the very solid white drapery panels, I want to use a pattern for the cornice, and I need your help choosing which one.

Robert Allen's Bella Porte with brown or white piping:


A Red and White Plaid with brown piping (is this too country?):


Braemore geometric with brown piping:


Brown Chevron with brown piping:


What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some comment love