Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Sick Kids, T's first Cone, and the Mommy-Do List

Here's a photo from yesterday morning, our plan was to drop Elle off at preschool and swing over to Dr. Bhumi's because Khera and Tommy were a little under the weather.

As we pulled into the preschool parking lot it sounded like someone was pouring a cup of water out in the backseat, as I turned around that sound was Khera vomiting all over herself...and the carseats, the floors, and her siblings. After a trip home to clean-up, a doctor's visit, a trip to Publix and the pharmacy, this is what the rest of our day looked like:

Elle ended up staying home yesterday, but is back at school today, and Khera will be back tomorrow. Even endless amounts of popsicles, gatorade and Disney movies is not enough for them to want to stay sick forever.

Tommy had his first ice-cream cone this past weekend. It was non-dairy coconut milk ice cream, which tastes pretty similar to the real deal if you ask me. He finished his first cone in about 10 seconds, he finished another immediately after. Here's a video so you can experience his "first" also:


And now moving onto a first for moi. I've been told that sometimes I am exhausting to talk to...I'm thinking it's mostly because I suffer from crafter's attention deficit disorder.  I have 60+ projects planned  for different rooms of the house, and I bounce around from one idea to the next like a ping pong ball.  The result is that I have a lot of ideas, that never get finished because I've moved onto the next "big" idea.  Did I mention nothing ever gets DONE?  I'm going to use this blog to help me stay accountable, so I will finish what I start, and tackle each room, one project at a time. 

So, if you care, you can view a detailed list of the "Mommy-Do" list here.

I'm hoping through this to-do list, I'll work my way through the mounds of fabric I've been hoarding for years--taking up valuable storage space in my closets, toy chests, banquette and under my bed.  These are some lofty goals, but I've got to start somewhere, and I want my storage space back!  So, for the remainder of the month I'll be tackling the Christmas To Do list:
-Kids Xmas clothes
-Teacher Gifts
-Children Gifts
-Decorating
  • Xmas Tree
  • Mantel
  • Kitchen Cabinets
  • Throw pillows
  • Xmas Garland

The kids' Christmas clothes are finally finished:

I used the following patterns in case you are interested:

And I recommend using gingher scissors and a disappearing ink pen when starting any sewing endeavor:

They are the best and make the job so much easier, great cuts and an iron are 90% of a fabulous finished sewing project. All right, I let you go now, I've got to go get crackin' on the rest of today's to-do list: baths, child grooming, dinner, laundry-fest, etc...

One more thing, if you haven't signed up to receive emails through Feedburner (which I know most of you who are getting emails haven't), please do so HERE. They do a great job managing the email list, and for those of you who may be bored by the content on this blog in the future, you can easily unsubscribe without having to contact me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some comment love