Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Warren and Katelin's Wedding on Whidbey Island

Thanks to GJ, Brandon and I were able to go on a quick trip to Washington for his cousin Warren's wedding.  Here is the view from our cottage.  Whidbey Island was so charming.

We walked all the way down to the water the first morning we were there.  The beach was mostly pebbles, it was beautiful.


Daddy and Bumpa decided to work on a little project to let the kids know we were thinking of them.


Here is Bumpa's work of art:


And Daddy stuck with initials.


Later in the day we went and got brunch at Useless Bay Coffee Company.


I felt like I was eating with celebrities GP and JT.


The old Langley firehouse was converted to a glass blowing studio.




The wedding was that night and we all got dressed up for the big day.  Sadly I must have eaten too many muffins that morning because I broke the zipper in my dress and wore this sundress instead.  Thank goodness I brought a back-up dress!




The setting for the wedding was spectacular.




This barn was catering central.


Aunt Debby is Aunt Brookie's godmother.


Isn't Aunt Juli's dress fabulous?  What a gorgeous mother of the groom.  It's no wonder she was an art director for Nordstrom!


Sheila and baby Janie.


Amy and I posing with Uncle Mike, father of the groom.

A shot of all the North cousins.


Lots of artwork by one of the best men, Jaime the architect.




I LOVE the table assignments on vintage doors.


Beautiful tents with stunning table linens, chairs, place settings and centerpieces.


Aren't these bars adorable?


Creative lighting in the tents.


The cupcake table.....yuuuummmm.


Arrangements in vintage glassware and tea tins.


Scalloped blankets for when the chill sets in after sunset...they really thought of everything!




Brooke and Kit were eachother's dates for the weekend.


The food was unbelievable.  I don't think I've ever had salmon this tasty, with curried couscous, chickpea salad and orzo salad.  I wish I could recreate this.


I stalked Brooke and Bumpa for this shot.




Ryan kept the party going long after we got back to the cottage.  I guess that was no secret at the airport the next day.


Again, a big, HUGE thanks to Grammy Jane for watching over and keeping the kids safe while we went on our quick trip.  We had a fantastic time and can't wait for our next romantic getaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some comment love