Friday, June 8, 2012

Disney Love

After living in Florida for seven years, we finally made it to Disney three times this spring.  Once just the two of us during Brandon's annual work trip below, and once with each side of our families.


On our second trip, GJ and I took the girls to have dinner in Cinderella's castle where they met some of their most favorite princesses.




My personal favorite was Ariel, the little mermaid.  She was so great with the girls and you could tell that her enthusiasm was genuine.




We also had a little birthday celebration for Tom-tom.  He kept saying "I be fwee" while holding up both index fingers.






I must confess I did not take many pictures at all, and one of the reasons Ryan and Amy are not in ones with the kids is that they were the ones that took most of these!  Thanks Amy!


We went with my parents on our final trip to Disney.  Here is our feeble attempt at a family photo in front of the castle...


The second day we got to the park early and snapped one while the moods were still favorable.


My favorite ride at Hollywood Studios was the Toy Story 3 ride, I used to be really into video games in my younger years so it was right up my alley.


Minnie Mouse Fashionista




Our dining highlight from Hollywood Studios was the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater.  It was air conditioned, dark, cocktails were flowing like water and the kids were happy.


When asked about Disney World, Tommy replies: "I shoot gun! I shoot gun on Toy Story 3!"


If you ask me where I ate the best food, I would definitely say Tony's Town Square at the Magic Kingdom.  It was superb, although a glass of wine would have definitely come in handy, unfortunately beverages of those kind are not served at all in the MK.


They were good, but very silly.


It was impossible to get Tommy to sit down and eat his hummus, pretzels, oranges and pudding.  He was too busy lining up his trains on the back of the seat and putting on dramatic faces in the mirror.


All in all we had a great time.  I am so thankful for our families who were able to join us on these trips we've waited so long for, and that the kids were able to see it for the first time with all of them as well.  We plan to return in a couple of years when the new Fantasyland is open and I hope that by then the girls will still be young enough to enjoy the new princess castles and rides that they have waited so long to build.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some comment love