Tuesday, October 18, 2011

October Randoms and Banana Muffins {recipe}

If it was "red" day at your preschool, what would YOU wear? Here's what Elle picked out:


Elle and I have been enjoying our afternoons together, I can't believe this is the last year we'll be able to eat lunch and watch cooking shows together during the week.  She makes sure she takes care of her babies in the afternoon too, while wearing her heels of course.

She has set up her "office" in the playroom.

You always need de-tangler, an empty paper towel roll, an Elmo camera, prince charming, and a scrub brush if you plan on getting it done in the office.

We "harvested" figs off of the concrete wall by our driveway, who knew a creeping fig vine would actually produce real figs?


I think we picked them too early, they haven't ripened to their peak sandiness yet.  I'm not a fig fan, their texture makes me gag.  Elle had endless amounts of entertainment playing with these on one of her pretend cooking shows poolside.

We went for a drive the other night and saw a rainbow, it was awesome.


The Tom-inator said rainbow for the first time and he was SO proud.

"WAY-BOOOOW!"

Elle and I put together a gallery wall, we tried using a trick we saw on pinterest.  After we got the arrangement just right, we marked each "hook" on the paper.  Then you are supposed to put the paper up on the wall and easily hang all of the pictures without all of the trial and error.

That's not exactly how it played out.  Let's just say the paper ended up a victim of one of my mommy tantrums and was crumpled up on the floor and I had to revert to the old trial and error ways.  I liked my new arrangement anyway, so HA pinterest!  I'll try to upload a pic for you to see on the next post.

Every now and then I bury my controlling side, and I allow the girls to help bake some treats.  This recipe is adapted from a few different recipes off of food network.

Banana Muffins {recipe}
1 cup sugar
2 egg
1 stick of butter
4 ripe bananas
1 Tbsp milk
1 tsp cinnamon
2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda


1.  Cream sugar and butter in the bowl of a mixer.

2. Add eggs 1 at a time.


3. Mash 3 of your bananas in a separate bowl.


4. Or you can let one of your kids do it for you.


5.  Add milk and cinnamon to banana mixture.


6.  Or you can let a little diva do it for you.


7.  Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in yet another bowl.


8.  Add banana mixture to the egg mixture, blend well.


9.  Add flour mixture, and mix just until combined.


10.  It'll still be a little bit chunky.


11.  Fold in one diced banana.  At this point you can add whatever floats your boat: nuts (if you like them),  chocolate chips, whatev...



12.  Bake @325F in muffin tins for 25-29 minutes.  You are going to L-O-V-E the diced banana, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some comment love